Spring Training Program 2022
MLB Spring Training dominates the Arizona sports market every year and continues to grow into a larger, marquee destination for athletes, fans, executives, and young professionals alike. IMPACT is bringing its world-renowned Professional Development Program to the Phoenix area for a 2-week program focused around the business of professional sports with an emphasis on the world of baseball using Spring Training as a platform for experiential learning, executive fireside chats, and exclusive networking opportunities. If you are a student who is interested in pursuing a career in professional baseball or in the sports industry as a whole, this is the program for you!
Dates: 2 Weeks: March 7 – March 18, 2022
Format: 3 class sessions per week (6 total) – Exact dates & times TBD
Location: Arizona (Phoenix, Glendale, and surrounding areas)
- In-person with online option available
Who Can Register: College students, graduate students, and early-stage professionals from around the world are welcome
Price: $1,500.00 (Payment plan available)
IMPACT has a proven track record of bridging the gap between traditional education and real-world work experience. Our specialized, educational formula gives students opportunities to learn from our extensive network of executives, influencers, and decision-makers with personalized Fireside Chats and experiential workshops and activities.
Fireside Chats: Students learn from our executive guests in a relatable format that teaches students about the inner workings of the sports industry and their personal school of hard knocks that they have learned throughout their career journeys.
Experiential Workshops & Activities: After each Fireside Chat, students will be tasked with a workshop or activity based on each session’s topic. Students will work in small groups to complete the task and then have the opportunity to present their work to the speakers. Through this process, students receive direct feedback from experts in their fields, gain invaluable presentation experience, and have a chance to shine in front of high-level executives.
- Professional development training
- Fireside chats with executives covering a variety of team and league topics / departments
- Experiential learning workshops and activities led by executive speakers
- Exclusive networking opportunities
- Career coaching session
- Premier weekend event experience
- Co-Founder, Legends of Sport
- President, Andrew D. Bernstein Associates Photography, Inc.
- Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame 2018 Curt Gowdy Award recipient
- Collaborated with 5-time NBA champion Kobe Bryant on the worldwide bestselling book “The Mamba Mentality: How I Play” & co-authored “Journey To The Ring” with Hall of Fame coach Phil Jackson
- Sports Photography & Media
- Building Relationships in the Sports Industry
- President, August Icon Marketing (Represents All-Star athletes in the MLB, NHL & NBA including Clayton Kershaw, Christian Yelich, Patrice Bergeron, Kyle Lowry, and more)
- Athlete Marketing & Partnerships Advisor, Paragon Sports International, LLC
- SVP, Athlete & Talent Marketing, Excel Sports Management
- CMO, BDA Sports Management
- Athlete Management
- Building Athletes As Brands & Endorsement Deals
- SVP, Marketing, Miami Marlins
- CMO, BSE Global (Brooklyn Nets, Barclays Center, New York Islanders)
- SVP, Creative Strategy & Partnership Marketing, Roc Nation
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing Strategy
- Team Rebranding Campaigns
- EVP & Chief Revenue Officer, New York Mets
- EVP & Chief Marketing Officer, Pittsburgh Pirates
- EVP & Chief Marketing Officer, Atlanta Hawks
- VP, NBA
- Maximizing Team Revenue
- Team Marketing & Business Operations
- President & GM, Camelback Ranch-Glendale, a joint venture of the Chicago White Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers
- GM, Aberdeen IronBirds (Baltimore Orioles ‘Class-A’ Affiliate)
- The Business of Spring Training
- The Business of Minor League Sports
- EVP, Chief Legal Officer & Chair, D-backs for Change Justice. Equity. Diversity. Inclusion. (J.E.D.I.) Council, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Team Legal Departments
- Contract Structure & Negotiations (Player Salaries, Sponsors, Sports Betting Partners)
- Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives in Sports
- GM, Sports and Entertainment Services, LLC (SES) – Managed the operations for US Airways Center (Suns & Mercury), Chase Field (Diamondbacks) & Comerica Theatre
- 2001 MLB World Series Champion with the Diamondbacks
- Venue Operations & Revenue Streams
- Event Operations & Logistics
- President, Pro Sports Consulting
- Athletic Director, University of Texas at Austin & Arizona State University
- President, Portland Trail Blazers
- SVP & Chief Development Officer, Houston Texans
- GM, Houston Rockets
- Being an Athletic Director & Managing Athletic Department Business
- Being a Team President & GM
- Director, Sports Business Programs, Assistant Professor & NCAA Faculty Athletics Representative at Concordia University Irvine
- Sports Business Lecturer at UCLA Anderson Center for Management of Enterprise in Media, Entertainment & Sports
- The Business of Sports
- Sports Ethics & Leadership
IMPACT is bringing the star power of Los Angeles to the Valley during the program’s Cali to the Valley Weekend! With both the Dodgers and Lakers in Phoenix for the weekend of March 11 – 13, IMPACT is looking to bring that LA flair with an exclusive Charity Event, bringing together some of the most influential people in both the Valley and LA.
For the marquee event of our Cali to the Valley Weekend, Legends Of Sport will present a live podcast event with Los Angeles & Phoenix legends (talent TBA), produced by 10 Fold Entertainment. Prior to the event, students of the program will have an exclusive fireside chat with Andy Bernstein and TBA executives (may include Dodgers, Lakers, Suns, Diamondbacks), hosted by Felisa Israel.
About Legends of Sport & Andrew D. Bernstein
Like many of the professional athletes he photographs, Andrew D. Bernstein is recognized as an All-Star in sports photography. The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame named Bernstein a 2018 Curt Gowdy Award recipient, acknowledging his contributions to basketball media for four decades. Bernstein’s photography has appeared in thousands of newspapers and magazine covers worldwide, as well as major advertising campaigns. The unique personal rapport Bernstein has developed with athletes over the years allows him exclusive access to special behind-the-scenes moments with legendary athletes, some of which were showcased in the 2010 book he co-authored with legendary Hall of Fame NBA coach Phil Jackson, Journey to the Ring, documenting the 2009-10 Lakers’ championship season. Bernstein also recently collaborated on a book with Kobe Bryant titled, The Mamba Mentality. Bernstein is a founding partner of a new media and events company called Legends Of Sport that celebrates legendary athletes, teams, moments, and personalities in sports. The Legends of Sport weekly podcast hosted by Bernstein is available on all major platforms.
Founder, Executive Director & Lead Instructor at IMPACT Learning Institute
After a 15+ year career in the NBA, including serving as the Phoenix Suns’ Director of Entertainment & Special Events, NBA Entertainment’s Director of Live Programming & Entertainment, and helping to start the WNBA with the Phoenix Mercury, Felisa started her own live event production company, 10 Fold Entertainment.
Guided by a passion for creating memorable live moments and a philosophy of doing everything tenfold, Felisa and her team have partnered with some of the biggest names in Sports, Entertainment, and Media to produce a variety of successful events using their unique blend of expertise to excite audiences and exceed expectations at every stop. After leaving the NBA, Felisa wanted to make an impact beyond the world of sports. She has since worked with charities such as Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and Straight But Not Narrow to produce fundraising and awareness events, moderated and participated in panels with industry experts to help further positive and creative discussions, and built a strong relationship with the UCLA Anderson School of Management, teaching students, hiring and training interns, and influencing the next generation of rockstars in their fields.
Through her experience hiring interns from, and teaching at, UCLA Anderson School of Management, Felisa saw an opportunity to create her own program to further help students, IMPACT Learning Institute. IMPACT Learning Institute is a professional development program that provides education, mentorship, training, and experiential learning opportunities to college students and recent graduates who aspire to have careers in the Sports, Entertainment, and Media industries. Now, Felisa uses her career experiences, unparalleled network of professional relationships, and passion for helping the next generation to give young professionals opportunities to jumpstart their careers in these highly-competitive industries and teach them the skills necessary to thrive in any work environment.
We offer a limited number of needs-based scholarships through our IMPACT Access Fund to support our belief that the leaders of tomorrow should be a diverse group composed of individuals from a variety of backgrounds. If you believe you are eligible for a needs-based scholarship, please complete the Scholarship Application Interest Form below. Forms will be reviewed by the IMPACT Access Fund Selection Committee, and if qualifications are met we will invite students to submit an application.
A portion of proceeds will go to the IMPACT Access Fund, a project of The Giving Back Fund, our Scholarship Program designed to help young people at critical stages in their personal and professional development by promoting equitable skills, opportunity, education, and access to achieve careers in the fields of sports, entertainment, media, and beyond.